In today’s world, we see a large number of paintings at homes, offices, or the business establishments. If you have the skill to paint, you should try to develop it. Learn more about painting by enrolling in painting classes or you can research about it online. Whether you’re an adult, teenager, or a kid, learning how to paint is not that difficult especially if you put your heart into it. While you’re trying to find a media to use, perhaps you might want to try watercolor paintings.
You can express your chosen subject matter through the use of watercolors. In fact, there are many advantages in using this media over other types of media. It is also a a very wonderful technique for conveying your emotions through the use of painting.
Given below are some of the advantages watercolor painting:-
1. It is easy:- as compared to other types of painting, watercolor painting is really easy and you can expect better results in a very short time.
2. Fast:- there are certain techniques that you should learn in watercolor painting. Once you learn such techniques, you can do quick washes and spontaneous strokes. This is the beauty of watercolor painting and you can finish your piece in less than an hour and the greatest thing is that you will acquire fruitful results.
3. Great for people who are always on the go:- if you travel often, to carry watercolor kits is not a troublesome task. The kits are lightweight and come with compact boxes that you can carry around with ease. The paper used in watercolor painting can be purchased in blocks so you don’t need a lot of space. Preparing the papers needed is also not required.
4. Does not smear:- as compared to charcoal and pastel, watercolor painting does not smear when rubbed.
5. Dries quickly:- in several minutes, your art piece is already dry. But if you use oil paints for your painting, it can take a period of couple days or even weeks to dry up entirely
6. Watercolor is also a fluid:- because of its nature, with only a few strokes, you can already fill large areas.
7. ‘Accidents’ can contribute to your creativity:- you don’t have to worry about accidents during watercolor painting because it can magically develop into something beautiful. You can even pour the watercolor on the paper as you start your painting and see what designs it can create.
8. Watercolor painting is versatile in look and style: – you can accomplish the work of illustrations and abstract arts. You can experiment in some designs that you haven’t done before and it will all depend on your skill and creativity.
Experts have a view that the use of watercolor is tough because the artist or painter can’t control it easily. For beginners, here’s a good advice – let the watercolor’s magic work. Don’t interfere at first and see the designs it can create and start painting from there. Allow endless explorations and you can surely enjoy your life.
As an art lover, you already know that sometimes beautiful paintings come as accidents. But this should not be the cause to cease the practice. If you frequently practice, in time, you will be able to control your strokes and create more artistic and unique watercolor paintings. Never stop learning because by doing so, you can generate more fascinating and artistic ideas that you can utilize in your paintings.